Recently, I discovered the amazing healthy fast food offering of The Protein Bar. Though not a revolutionary concept, and a little on the pricey side, they can provide low-cal, high-protein dishes on the fly, which is always a bonus in my opinion. I also love that new healthy eating concepts are popping up in response to the general population becoming more aware of what they consume!
After trying one of their signature “quinoa bowls,” I said to Dan, “We do this at home all the time! But we’re not as good at being creative as they are.” So, last night, we changed that with the creation of the first Buffalo Tofu Quinoa Bowls.
RECIPE FOR BUFFALO TOFU QUINOA BOWLS
1 package of tofu (we use firm)
1.5 cups of Hot Sauce (I used Frank’s!)
5 stalks of celery
1.5 cups of quinoa
1. Cut up the tofu into small, 1 cubic inch pieces
2. Toss tofu in medium-sized bowl with hot sauce – allow to marinate for 30 minutes or more.
3. Meanwhile … cook the quinoa! I used a rice cooker for ours (I’m a huge proponent of those things and use mine ALL THE TIME).
4. Throw the tofu with hot sauce into a saucepan on medium heat to get everything all warm. After a few minutes, add the celery. Let everything simmer for just a few (but keep the celery crunchy).
5. Serve tofu mixture on top of quinoa – add blue cheese crumbles and enjoy!