i already own plenty of kitchen paraphernalia that i love and couldn’t live without (and will detail in a future post). but for today, i dream about the tools that could be.
1. the vitamix. it’s blender nirvana, and while we haven’t found a way to justify the cost yet, i am fairly certain that time is rapidly approaching. i make protein shakes every night, frequent smoothies … you could put ROCKS in there and turn them to gravel!
2. a juicer. while i’m not ready to swear off solid food and commit myself to a juice only diet, i would love to start every morning with a nutrient-dense, vitamin-packed glass of veggie juice. i’ve been doing the research, and a lot of the drinks like odwalla and naked juice add sugars, juice concentrates and lots of other extraneous ingredients i don’t want floating around in my concoctions. i haven’t done too much research as to which model i would like, but this one looks good?
3. vacuum sealer. when you buy things in bulk, like say, from costco, a vacuum sealer is a great way to keep everything nice and fresh if you aren’t able to consume it immediately. meats, spices, veggies, you name it … we can vacuum seal it with this guy.
4. plastic cutting boards – now that we are eating more meat, the bamboo/wooden ones with their cracked out ways are no good to use. these can really only be used for veggies in order to ensure you don’t spread meat-hosted illnesses and bacteria. even this one from walmart will do just fine!
5. meat thermometer. we had one, but somehow … it broke? anyway, see the above reasoning. much easier to get tender, yet ensure safe “doneness.” we would probably get another digital job from brookstone, but try our hardest not to break it.
what kitchen appliances/items have you been eyeing?