i recently finished an excellent book (deepak chopra, ’nuff said) that i consider to be a bit of a life-changer. while i’m letting it marinate a little bit and wobble around in my brain before i write a complete blog post about it, i’ve begun attempts to alter my behavior and mindset around what i think i learned. as part of that, i felt like putting together and sharing a big ‘ol list of things that make me happy. ready?
1. puppies. i literally cannot see a picture, movie, or actual puppy/dog without giggling, smiling or laughing out loud. especially this one:
2. squats. yesterday, i did about 300 of them and is my sore butt ever ecstatic about it!
3. audrey hepburn. especially in sabrina and breakfast at tiffany’s.
4. twinkly lights. inside, outside, christmastime, summertime.
5. coffee. it’s the best part of waking up.
6. yoga, once a week for mental and physical sanity. it’s also really improved the quality of my strength workouts. boo yah! still working my way toward something like this. or maybe this.
7. manicures and pedicures
8. amazing photos (especially if i’m the one who took them).
9. raw honey
10. a clean house
12. bedtime (especially when a pillow fort is involved).
13. large collections of books: libraries, bookstores, other people’s homes, etc.
14. dry champagne with a higher than average number of bubbles
15. sequins and other sparkly stuff
16. disney movies
17. fresh, colorful flowers that adorn a sparkling clean apartment
18. rainy sunday afternoons with nothing to do but bake and read.
19. any body of water: streams, lakes, rivers, oceans..
20. all things new jersey.
21. info graphics
22. freshly mowed grass
23. all things chicago.
24. the smell of pumpkin pie spice
25. the sound of sprinklers after dark in the summer
26. that first sip of a really delicious wine
27. knee-high socks
28. brightly colored candy displays
29. waking up early without an alarm
31. friday afternoons
32. self serve frozen yogurt joints
33. markets, farmers and flea
34. sweat (my own)
what are some of your happy list items?