this new quinoa salad recipe is a real home run, and a bit more filling than some of the others i’ve made in the past. give it a go!
roasted broccoli quinoa salad
1 head of broccoli
1 small red onion
1 green bell pepper
1 container of grape tomatoes
1.5 cup uncooked quinoa (makes about 3 cups cooked)
1 cup of blueberries
1. pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. chop the broccoli to bite-sized pieces. toss in a bowl with cooking oil (i used almond oil) and season with salt and pepper.
3. spread the broccoli in a glass pyrex dish. bake for about 30 minutes or until slightly brown.
4. cook quinoa in accordance with instructions (we use our rice cooker).
5. dice red onion and bell pepper.
6. quarter the grape tomatoes.
7. throw all the ingredients in a big bowl; season with salt and pepper to taste. mix with a big spoon.
8. enjoy. perfect for throwing into lunches for work, mix with eggs in the morning or add hot sauce to kick it up a notch!