Sometimes, the simplest dishes are the most delicious. During these last beautiful days of summer, no one wants to spend TOO long in the kitchen, prepping OR cleaning up. So here is a great recipe that’s full of flavor, color and ease.
Summer Veggie Skillet Medley
(this served two people quite well)
3 medium-sized red potatoes
1/2 yellow onion
1 bundle of asparagus
2 Roma tomatoes
8 white mushrooms
Olive Oil (to taste)
2 sprigs of Rosemary
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and place your cast iron skillet in the oven to warm it up.
2. Chopped potatoes and onions (size depends on your preference – we like our potatoes in about one inch cubes), and mix with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Chop the rough ends off your asparagus. Brush with olive oil.
4. Quarter mushrooms and chop tomatoes (again, size of each piece is totally up to you!)
5. Pull cast iron skillet out of the oven and brush with olive oil.
6. Place asparagus on one side of the pan, potatoes and onions on the other side. Place the skillet back in the oven.
7. Cook for 20 minutes.
8. Pull the pan out, take the asparagus out, set it aside and use the free space in the pan for mushrooms and tomatoes. Use a spoon to flip the potatoes’ position to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
9. Cook for 15 minutes.
10. Pull the pan out and serve!